2½ lbs. split chicken breast with ribs, skin removed
m yellow onion, chopped Coupons
3 celery ribs, diced
3 medium carrots, peeled + diced
1 large green bell pepper, cored + diced
2 medium russet potatoes, peeled + diced
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes (I used no salt added)
2 dry bay leaves
2 large (or 4 small) garlic cloves, chopped
½ cup chopped fresh parsley
½ cup dry ditalini pasta
salt and pepper
1. Add chicken, onion, celery, carrots, bell pepper, potatoes, tomatoes, and bay leaves to a large (atleast 6-quart) stock pot or dutch oven.Add cold water to cover by 1 inch. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
2. Add garlic and parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Reduce heat to low and simmer, partially covered, until chicken is falling off bones, about 1 hour.
4. Remove chicken to a large bowl and cool for about 10 minutes, then shred the chicken, discarding the bones. Keep the soup in the pot simmering.
5. Meanwhile, cook pasta in a medium pot according to package directions until tender. Drain. Do not add uncooked pasta to the soup or it will soak up too much liquid and make the soup super thick.
6. Add chicken and pasta to the pot. Give it couple good stirs. Taste for salt and pepper. If the soup is too thick, add ½ - 1 cup of water and bring to a slow simmer. Discard the bay leaf. Serve hot.