Summer isn't over yet! Give these delicious kiwi popsicles a try, we guarantee you and your friends will love them!
Kiwi fruit are small and sweet, but have some big health benefits. 1 kiwi is only about 40 calories with about 8 grams of fiber, which means they can help you feel full without all of the calories, and each fruit has about 85% of your daily vitamin C!
These pops are super cute, and are really easy to make!
6 ripe kiwi fruit
1/2 cup fresh lime juice (about 4 ripe limes)
1/2 cup fresh pineapple
1 cup water
1. Cut one of the kiwis into thin decorative slices.
2. Scoop out the fruit from all other kiwi fruit and place into blender.
3. Add water, fresh lime juice, and pineapple and blend until smooth.
4. Place decorative kiwi slice into each popsicle mold and then pour pureed mixture evenly into molds.
Today's featured healthy food swap is fun and I can't wait to spill the beans and tell you all about it! It's called Organic Black Bean Spaghetti shape made by Explore Asian Authentic Cuisine, and it's so yummy. I found it at Costco recently and decided to give it a try.
Here's why we love it:
- Only TWO ingredients: black beans and water
- 100% USDA Certified Organic
- Certified Gluten Free
- Vegan & Vegetarian
- Kosher Parve
- Sodium Free
- 25 whopping grams of protein per serving (vs. only 7 grams in the whole wheat spaghetti in my pantry)
- 180 calories per serving (vs. 200 calories in the whole wheat spagetti)
- Super high in fiber: 12 grams per serving, meets 47% of daily value (vs. only 6 gm in the whole wheat spaghetti)
- High in iron, meets 36% daily value (more than 3 times the amount in the whole wheat spaghetti)
And best of all, it's versitile and delicious. You can eat it cold, hot, or in soups or on salads. I recently had a cold bowl of it plain with some olive...